Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goodbye to Singapore!

I must say that Clark and I have had some great times while we have lived in Singapore. We have been able to travel all over Asia, meet great friends, and grow closer to one another. I def. think that we made the right choice to re route our lives and live in Singapore for a year. I wouldn't change our decision if we had to do it all over again. Clark was able to grow a bit in his job and be able to help open the RMS Singapore office and I was able to start a career in Marketing at an investment firm called 3 Degrees. Its great because we are both keeping our jobs when we are back in Florida!

My favorite workin girls!
One last lunch! I even got to take a picture with the food stall I bought from just about every other day! I'll sure miss my chicken and pork!
Bye bye beautiful building!
I can not tell you how sad I am to leave all our friends as they have all treated us like family. We have had some great times this past year and we will def. miss the many outings we were able to have.
One Friday we headed to Clarke Quay for one last dinner before we headed off. We were thrilled that most of our close friends were able to make it!

On Saturday we wake up early to make our flight to Beijing were we would be for about 5 days until we headed back to the States. My co-worker Tannee was so kind to take us to the airport and stay with us until we left. Clark's co-worker Carmen also came and hung out with us! I must say this was one of the hardest parts of leaving! Tannee and Carmen have been so great to us and I don't think our working experience would have been the same without them!

Also, Tannee and Carmen helped Clark and I stay sane when we found out that our 9:30am flight was delayed and would take off at 3:00pm instead!!! ugh! Once we boarded the plane we ended up taxing for another 2.5 hours on the runway as the plane was having problems AGAIN! We were not able to leave Singapore until 5:30pm and arrived in Beijing at 11:30pm...instead of arriving originally at 4:30pm. I will never take Air China again! ANYWAY...

there are many things we will miss about Singapore as it has been great to us. We received so many blessings from being there and have grown so much. We can't wait to tell you about our adventures there and also update you on our trip to Beijing! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I cannot believe that you guys have already been there a year. That is too crazy!!! It sounds like you guys had an amazing time and had some awesome experiences.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs